Mar 10, 2017
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. - The Berry men's lacrosse team dropped a tight contest to the visiting Wittenberg Tigers on Friday afternoon with a 15-12 final.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Vikings started the game strong, leading after the first quarter off goals from Hudson Harris, Jason Wilhelm (Bailey Martin) and Andrew Elgin.
- The teams traded blows throughout the second, each scoring three to push the score to 6-5 heading into the half. Elgin (Justin Westbrook), tallied once with Westbrook (Wilhelm, Quentin Johnson) scoring twice in the second.
- Wittenberg came out of the half firing, scoring six goals to take a 11-8 lead after the third quarter.
- Each team scored four in the final period with the Tigers securing the win.
- Justin Westbrook: 3 G, AST, 7 SOG
- Andrew Elgin: 3 G, 5 SOG, 2 GB
- Quentin Johnson: G, 3 AST, 3 SOG, GB
- Jason Wilhelm: G, 2 AST, 2 SOG, GB
- Hudson Harris: G, 5 SOG, 2 GB
- Jim Kurila: G, GB
- McKinley Gannon: G, AST
- Chris Berchock: G, 2 SOG, 3 GB
- Zach Shy: 4 G, 5 SOG, 4 GB, CT
- Noah Moderwell: 3 G, AST, 5 SOG, GB
- Gerald Coyle: 2 G, 3 SOG
- Michael Coyle: 2 G, 3 SOG
- Aaron Blossey: 30:00, 6 GA, 11 SV
- Westbrook notched a season-high 3 goals in the loss.
- Quentin Johnson extended his assist total to 22 on the year, one short of his career high for assists in a season
- Berry fell to 5-2 on the day while the Tigers improved to 2-2
- The Vikings will head to Tampa on Sunday for a spring break contest against Salve Regina to be played at the University of Tampa at 7:00 p.m.