By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. – Chris Berchock tallied four times, but the Berry College men’s lacrosse team dropped their first game in SAA play, falling 10-9 to the Lynx of Rhodes College on Sunday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Both teams scored four times in the first half, leaving the game tied 4-4 going into the final 30 minutes of play.
- Rhodes then outscored the Vikings 4-2 in the third quarter, leading 8-6 going into the fourth.
- Berry rattled off three goals within three minutes in the final period to tie the game, but a goal by Rhodes’ Tyler Milwit with less than four minutes to play gave the Lynx their final score of the game.
- With under 30 seconds to play, Andrew Elgin ripped the would-be tying shot on cage, but Rhodes' Cameron Link made a last-second save off his body. Hudson Harris would pick up the rebound and fire again, this time Link secured it cleanly, sealing the win.
- The Vikings led the game in shots (37-36), as well as clears (17-16), while Rhodes led the contest in ground balls (37-34).
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Berchock: 4 G, 8 SH, 6 SOG, 2 GB
- Jason Wilhelm: 2 G, 3 SH, 2 SOG, GB
- Hudson Harris: G, 4 SH, 3 SOG, GB
- Luke Koferi: G, A, 2 SH, SOG, GB, CT
- Andrew Elgin: G, 5 SH, 2 SOG, 3 GB, CT
RHODES STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Milwit: 3 G, 6 SH, 5 SOG, 2 GB
- Addison Mueller: 2 G, 4 SH, 4 SOG, GB
- John Tooher: 2 G, 9 SH, 6 SOG, 4 GB
- Jason Lee: G, A, SH, SOG
- Tommy Reingruber: G, 2 SH, 2 SOG
- Steven Yowan: G, SH, SOG, 2 GB
- Cameron Link: 12 SV, 9 GA
- With the loss, Berry falls to 9-3 on the year, as well as 3-1 in the SAA.
- Rhodes improves to 10-2 and 4-0.
Berry will play Sewanee in their final home contest of the year on Saturday, April 8 at 1:00 p.m. for Senior Day.