By Noah Syverson, Sports Information Assistant
ROME, Ga. — Elijah Hirsh had a dominating performance, scoring a season-high 26 points and 15 rebounds, to lead the Berry College men's basketball team to a big win over Oglethorpe University 69-58 on Senior Night at the Cage Center.
Hirsh was lights out from the field, connecting on 12 of his 17 shot attempts for his 11th double-double of the season. Caleb Johnson added 16 points of his own to go along with nine rebounds for the Vikings. Berry was able to dominate inside the paint, scoring 46 points to the Oglethorpe's 24.
Berry carried a 30-22 lead at the break, and was able to outscore Oglethorpe 39-36 in the final half to secure the win.
The vicotry, coming in the final matchup of the regular season, is Berry's fourth victory in conference play and secures them the number eighth seed in the upcoming SAA tournament.
- Elijah Hirsh: 26 PTS, 12-for-17 FG, 6 OREB, 9 DREB, 2 BLK
- Caleb Johnson: 16 PTS, 6-for-18 FG, 4-for-5 FT, 9 REB
- Alton McCloud: 5 PTS, 2-for-8 FG, 7 REB, 2 AST, 2 STL
- Tom Inungu: 21 PTS, 10-for-15 FG, 7 REB, 4 BLK
- Justin Hughes: 14 PTS, 5-for-11 FG, 3-for-8 3PT, 2 REB
- Will Koch: 8 PTS, 3-for-8 FG, 13 REB, 2 AST
- All six seniors on the Berry roster scored in the game on Senior Night, including John Delf-Montgomery who was added to the team just this year. Delf-Montgomery will graduate from Berry with just one career point scored in the Cage Center, scoring the final point of the game on a made free throw attempt to the roar of the crowd.
Berry will face Centre College in the first round of the SAA conference tournament in Danville on Friday, Feb. 23.