By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Tied late in the game, the Berry College men’s basketball team outscored Webster University 5-2 in the final 30 seconds of play to ensure the Vikings’ 74-71 victory on Friday night.
Elijah Hirsh led Berry in the outing, scoring 18 points and grabbing 12 rebounds in the win for a double-double, while shooting 41.6-percent from the field on the night. Three other Vikings also added double-digit points in the outing: Quinn Atkinson, Nick Marder and McCarty Forte. Although Webster shot 41.3-percent (31-for-75) to Berry’s 40.3-percent (27-for-67), the Vikings finished the game ahead in assists (11-10), and both teams added seven steals.
Webster’s Christian Crespo scored a game-high 25 points, with both Rodson Etienne and Davian Joseph adding double-digit points for Webster as well.
- Hirsh: 18 PTS, 5-for-12 FG, 8-for-10 FT, 12 REB
- Atkinson: 15 PTS, 6-for-12 FG, 1-for-2 3PT, 2-for-2 FT, 4 REB
- Marder: 11 PTS, 4-for-8 FG, 3-for-3 FT, 6 REB
- Forte: 10 PTS, 4-for-8 FG, 2-for-6 3PT
- Crespo: 25 PTS, 9-for-18 FG, 1-for-4 3PT, 6-for-8 FT
- Etienne: 14 PTS, 7-for-12 FG, 5 REB
- Joseph: 10 PTS, 4-for-12 FG, 1-for-6 3 PT, 9 REB
- With the win, Berry improves to 4-7 overall on the year.
- Webster falls to 5-6 on the season.
Berry will continue play in the Music City Classic tomorrow at 8:00 p.m. against Belhaven in Nashville, Tenn.