By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. – Cory Johnson scored 17 points, but the Berry College men’s basketball team fell to Birmingham-Southern College 76-67 in a Southern Athletic Association (SAA) matchup on Friday night.
Johnson’s 17 points led the Vikings’ offense in the outing, as he shot 50-percent (6-for-12) from the field. Myles Moore also added 14 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Alton McCloud headed up the defensive effort, collecting eight rebounds.
As a team, Berry shot 37.9-percent (25-for-66) to Birmingham-Southern’s 46.6-percent (27-for-58). The Vikings also grabbed 41 rebounds, passed nine assists and finished with eight steals in the outing.
- Cory Johnson: 17 PTS, 6-for-12 FG, 3-for-8 3PT, 2-for-2 FG, 6 REB
- Myles Moore: 14 PTS, 6-for-11 FG, 1-for-5 3PT, 1-for-6 FT, 2 AST
- Alton McCloud: 7 PTS, 2-for-8 FG, 1-for-3 3PT, 2-for-4 FT, 8 REB
- Cole DenBesten: 19 PTS, 7-for-11 FG, 5-for-5 3PT, 4 REB, 2 AST
- Matty Rudak: 16 PTS, 7-for-15 FG, 2-for-3 FT, 9 REB, 2 STL, 3 BLK
- Ben Spence: 14 PTS, 5-for-9 FG, 1-for-2 3PT, 3-for-5 FT, 3 REB
- With the loss, Berry falls to 6-13 overall and 1-7 in the Southern Athletic Association.
- BSC improves to 9-10 and 6-2.
Berry will take on Millsaps in their next SAA matchup on Sunday, Jan. 26 at 3:00 p.m.