By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Four players scored double-digit points for the Vikings, but the Berry College men's basketball team fell to Alma 105-80 on Wednesday night in the Daytona Beach Shootout.
Caleb Johnson led the Vikings offensively in the outing, scoring 19 points, as well as grabbing a team-high eight rebounds. Myles Moore, Elijah Hirsh and Nick Marder each finished the night with 16, 12 and 12 points, respectively for Berry as well, rounding out the Vikings' offense. As a team, Berry shot 36.4-percent (28-for-77), while Alma shot 55.4-percent (41-for-74). Alma also led the game in rebounds (47-39) and assists (30-9), while the Vikings finished with 14 steals to Alma's 10.
- Johnson: 19 PTS, 6-for-17 FG, 7-for-10 FT, 8 REB, 2 AST, 2 STL, BLK
- Moore: 16 PTS, 5-for-13 FG, 2-for-6 3PT, 4-for-5 FT, 6 REB, 2 AST, 4 STL
- Marder: 12 PTS, 5-for-6 FG, 2-for-2 FT, 5 REB, AST, STL
- Hirsh: 12 PTS, 5-for-10 FG, 2-for-2 FT, 4 REB, 2 STL
- Preston Laketa: 17 PTS, 6-for-12 FG, 3-for-7 3PT, 2-for-3 FT, 7 REB, 2 AST
- Steven Harvey: 16 PTS, 6-for-9 FG, 3-for-5 3PT, 2 STL
- Rob Holmes: 13 PTS, 5-for-7 FG, 3-for-4 3PT, 9 REB, 4 AST, 2 STL
- Doug Bradfield: 13 PTS, 4-for-6 FG, 1-for-2 3PT, 4-for-5 FT, STL
- With the loss, Berry falls to 3-6 overall on the year.
- Alma improves to 2-5.
Berry will travel to Nashville, Tenn., to take on Webster University in their next contest on Friday, Dec. 29 at 8:00 p.m.