MOUNT BERRY, Ga. — The Vikings carried an eight point halftime lead into the locker room on Wednesday night, but a strong second half from the Point University Skyhawks felled Berry's hopes, falling to 3-4 after the 87-80 loss at home.
Berry was able to pull within six with just over two minutes remaining after a pair of made free throws from Quinn Atkinson. Needing to foul, the Vikings sent Point to the line 10 times after that point as the Skyhawks connected on just enough to hold on for the win.
The Vikings made a point of shooting beyond the arc tonight, attempting 36 three-pointers, the most attempted since Feb. 12th of 2016. Berry connected on 14, led by McCarty Forte who was 4-for-8. Although Berry was out-rebounded 45 to 31 in the outing, they forced 21 turnovers including 12 in the second half. In addition to Forte, four other Vikings scored in double digits: Caleb Johnson, Alton McCloud, Elijah Hirsh and Quinn Atkinson.
- Elijah Hirsh: 16 PTS, 6-for-13 FG, 5 REB, 3 STL
- Caleb Johnson: 14 PTS, 6-for-13 FG, 5 REB, 3 AST
- McCarty Forte: 12 PTS, 4-for-9 FG, 4-for-8 3FG
- Taboris Griggs: 26 PTS, 10-for-16 FG, 4-for-8 3FG, 7 REB
- B.J. Brown: 16 PTS, 7-for-14 FG, 6 REB
- Xavier Johnson: 12 PTS, 3-for-5 FG, 5 REB, 5 AST
- Berry was able to score 24 points off turnovers in a game that saw four lead changes.
- Point improved to 4-12 on the year
- Berry is back home on Friday against Emory & Henry for a 7:00 p.m. tip.