MOUNT BERRY, Ga. — Five Vikings scored in double figures, but the Berry men's basketball team dropped to 3-5 on Friday night after a 104-86 loss to the Emory & Henry Wasps.
The Vikings played well in the first half, shooting 42.4 percent from the floor to trail by three heading into the half. Emory & Henry's halftime adjustments proved to be too much, as the Wasps outscored Berry 61-46 in the second period to secure the win. Berry's press defense could not keep up with the fast passing Wasps, resulting in 26 fastbreak points, 28 assists and 60.0 percent shooting for the visiting squad.
Berry was led by Caleb Johnson who put up 17 points in the outing off five made three-pointers and a pair of free throws. Quinn Atkinson followed closely, scoring 16.
- Caleb Johnson: 17 PTS, 5-for-11 3FG, 2 REB
- Quinn Atkinson: 16 PTS, 7-for-16 FG, 4 REB
- McCarty Forte: 14 PTS, 4-for-9 3FG
EMORY & HENRY STANDOUTS:
- Daniel Spencer: 27 PTS, 12-for-16 FG, 6 REB, 3 AST
- Alic Wynn: 20 PTS, 7-for-10 FG, 11 REB
- Tharon Suggs: 18 PTS, 6-for-11 FG, 4 REB
- Johnson's five made three-pointers is a season high
- The Wasps improved to 7-0
- Berry will head to the Daytona Beach Shootout next week with games on Tuesday and Wednesday night.