DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — The Berry College men's basketball team fell to 3-5 on the year with an 86-70 loss to the Dubuque Spartans on Tuesday night to open play at the Daytona Shootout.
The Vikings were unable to overcome first half woes, as they found themselves behind 40-24 at halftime. Berry went shot-for-shot with the Spartans in the second period, but were unable to capitalize on 12 second-half turnovers from Dubuque.
Berry tied a season-low shooting 32.7 percent from the field and were a season-low 45.7 percent from the charity stripe. The team's season-best 13 steals kept them in it, pulling to within 13 with six minutes remaining.
- Quinn Atkinson: 17 PTS, 6-for-11 FG, 4-for-9 FT, 3 REB, 2 STL
- Caleb Johnson: 12 PTS, 3-for-10 FG, 6-for-9 FT, 6 REB, 4 STL
- Elijah Hirsh: 9 PTS, 3-for-8 FG, 8 REB, 3 BLK
- Jamaree Atwater: 24 PTS, 9-for-18 FG, 10 REB
- TJ Lake: 21 PTS, 8-for-16 FG, 3-for-9 3FG, 2 REB, 3 AST
- Marcus McDaniel: 7 PTS, 3-for-3 FG, 6 REB
- Hirsh's three blocks tied a season-high. He leads the SAA with 1.5 blocks per game. Berry also leads the SAA as a team with 3.8 blocks per game
- Caleb Johnson sits at No. 4 in the league with 16.3 points per game and hit his 1,000th career point in tonight's game.
- Berry will continue play at the Daytona Shootout tomorrow against Alma at 8:00 p.m.