By: Silas Lott, Sports Information Assistant
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. – The Berry College men's basketball team held off Brevard College for their first win of the season on Saturday night with a 69-67 final.
Junior Elijah Hirsh led Berry with 17 points, adding six rebounds, two steals and two assists to ensure the Vikings' narrow victory.
The Tornados made a late push, and managed to cut the deficit to three points with two minutes left in the game. Divese Carson led Brevard with 18 points, including a trio of three-point baskets, along with six rebounds before fouling out late in the game.
A late free throw by McCarty Forte would put the Vikings up by four before Brevard's final possession of the game. The Tornados were only able to score a put-back dunk due to strong defense by Berry.
- Elijah Hirsh: 17 PTS, 6-for-12 FG, 5-for-9 FT, 6 REB
- Caleb Johnson: 12 PTS, 2-for-8 FG, 8-for-9 FT, 5 REB, 3 BLK
- Nick Marder: 10 PTS, 4-for-9 FG, 5 REB, 3 STL
- Divese Carson: 18 PTS, 7-for-9 FG, 3-for-4 3PT FG, 6 REB
- Shelby Parris: 13 PTS, 5-for-8 FG
- Levi Lamb: 9 PTS, 3-for-10 FG, 4 AST, 3 BLK, 2 STL
- The Vikings improve to (1-1) on the season, while Brevard falls to (0-1).
- Berry's next game will be Tuesday, Nov. 21 at home against the Emory Eagles. Tipoff set for 7:00 p.m.