SEWANEE, Tenn. - The Berry men's basketball team entered the half with an eight point lead and were able to hold off the Sewanee Tigers for a 69-66 win on the road.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Vikings shot 66.7 percent in the first half as well as 4-5 from three-point range to head into halftime leading 38-30.
- Tanner Spalding posted 13 on 6-9 shooting in the first half
- Sewanee outscored Berry 36-31 in the second half, but the Vikings nailed 11-15 free throw shots down the stretch to seal the win.
- For the game, the Vikings led in shooting percentage (51.0 percent) and shooting from beyond the arc (50.0 percent)
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Caleb Johnson: 16 points, 6-7 FG, 4-7 FT, 2 STL
- Tanner Spalding: 15 points, 7-12 FG, 1-2 3FG, 2 REB
- Blake Jones: 11 points: 4-10 FG, 6 AST
- Coleman Ellingsworth: 12 points, 3-4 3FG, 5 REB, BLK
- Alton McCloud: 5 points: 15 REB, 3 AST, 3 STL
SEWANEE STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Clay Born: 22 points, 8-12 FG, 4-7 3FG
- Jorden Williams: 14 points, 5-13 FG, 5 AST
- Brody Stone: 8 points, 3-8 FG, 15 REB
- Caleb Johnson is starting to hit his stride at the right time of the year, posting double-digit points in each of his last two games including a combined 17-20 field goals
- Alton McCloud posted a career high 15 rebounds in the win
- The Vikings will take on Centre on Sunday at 3:00 pm.