ATLANTA - The Vikings will enter the SAA tournament as the No. 7 seed after falling to the Oglethorpe Stormy Petrels with a 106-89 final.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Oglethorpe had a strong shooting day on their home floor, jumping out to a 53-34 lead at the half on better than 50 percent shooting.
- The Stormy Petrels also had 11 three-pointers to Berry's 7. The Vikings shot 42 percent from the floor.
- Berry was able to outscore Oglethorpe in the second half, putting up 55 to the home team's 53.
- The Vikings were able to force 17 turnovers resulting in 17 points.
- Berry was solid on the offensive glass, earning 16 offensive rebounds.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Blake Jones: 18 points, 8-12 FG, 2-2 FT, 3 REB, 5 AST, 4 STL
- Alton McCloud: 14 points, 5-13 FG, 6 REB, 4 AST, 2 STL, BLK
- Cole DenBesten: 14 poionts, 6-12 FG, 5 REB
- Cory Johnson: 12 points, 5-14 FG, 3 REB, STL
OGLETHORPE STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Drew Patrick: 29 points, 10-14 FG, 4-7 3FG, 9 REB, 3 BLK
- Justin Edwards: 25 points, 8-12 FG, 5 REB, 4 AST
- Chris Lawrence: 14 points, 5-11 FG, 8 REB 4 AST
- Tom Inungu: 14 points, 6-8 FG, 12 REB, 2 AST
- The Vikings close the regular season with a 10-15 overall, 6-8 conference record
- Berry will enter the SAA tournament as the No. 7 seed.
Berry will travel to Memphis, Tenn. for the SAA tournament. Official brackets will be announced on Sunday afternoon.