MOUNT BERRY, Ga. - The Berry College baseball team took the series win over the Millsaps Majors to close the regular season on Saturday afternoon. Berry split with the Majors on Senior day win a 14-9 win followed by a 9-4 loss.
HOW IT HAPPENED (GAME 1):
- The Vikings opened scoring in the first with an RBI single from Alfred Francis.
- Austin Haight then hit a two RBI single up the middle to take a 3-0 lead.
- The Majors rallied for five runs in the third to take the lead 5-3.
- The Vikings tied it in the bottom half of the inning off the bat of Jacob Delk who sent one over the left field wall.
- Millsaps continued the offense in the fourth, plating three.
- Four Vikings crossed the plate in the fourth off the bats of Kris Patel, Jacob Delk, Tyler Calvert and Jason Rose. Berry led 9-8.
- Haight scored on a passed ball in the fifth to add another Berry run.
- Brennan Ducote sent one up the middle to push the score to 10-9.
- Berry secured the win in the bottom of the sixth after Francis hit a three-run homer to left. Whitaker then singled to give Berry the 14-9 win.
HOW IT HAPPENED (GAME 2):
- Millsaps had a big first inning, plating six runs.
- The Majors added two more in the third off the bats of Cavan Breland and Connor Woodall. Millsaps led 8-0.
- Berry was able to plate a run in the third, fourth, fifth and sixth.
- Wes Lassere homered to left for the final Majors run of the game.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Alfred Francis: 4-for-9, 4 RBI, 2 R, HR
- Kris Patel: 5-for-10, RBI, R
- Austin Haight: 3-for-7, 2 RBI, 4 R
- Casey Whitaker: 3-for-9, RBI, 2 R
- Slade Dale: 3-for-9, RBI, 2 R
- Michael Greene: 1.1 IP, 2 H, R, W (2-0)
MILLSAPS STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Cavan Brelan: 4-for-10, 3 R, 2 RBI
- Connor Woodall: 4-for-8, 3 R, 3 RBI
- Wes Lassere: 3-for-8, 4 R, 2 RBI
- Seth Trulock: 3-for-6, R, 3 RBI
- Logan Patterson: 3-for-7, R, 4 RBI
- Jacob Mardick: 7.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R, W (8-2)
- Francis now has 62 hits on the year, just two short of tying the single-season record.
- The Vikings are now 21-19 and 10-11 in SAA play.
- The Vikings away seeding for the SAA tournament.