By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
CONWAY, Ark. – The Vikings added a season-high 20 hits as the Berry College baseball team defeated Hendrix College 9-4 on Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Berry opened up scoring in the top of the third inning with an RBI single from Jacob Delk to give the Vikings a 1-0 lead. Delk then scored in the same inning off of a Warrior’s balk to move the score to 2-0.
- An RBI from Slade Dale, Alfred Francis and Casey Whitaker in the top of the fourth expanded the Vikings’ lead to 5-0.
- Hendrix answered, scoring three runs off of singles from Jake Wiegand and Sean Dehne to cut the lead to 5-3.
- The Vikings then scored two runs in both the top of the fifth and top of the eighth innings to ensure the 9-4 Berry victory.
- On the day, the Vikings outhit the Warriors 20-10, while Berry committed one error.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Post: 4-for-5, RBI, R, 2B
- McTier Mosley: 4-for-5, R, 2B
- Francis: 3-for-3, 2 RBIs, R, BB
- Dale: 3-for-5, 2 R, RBI, 2B
- Devin Skelton: 2-for-4, R, 2B
HENDRIX STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Dehne: 2-for-4, 2 RBIs
- Matthew Lilliard: 2-for-4, RBI, R
- Justin Robinson: 2-for-5, R
- With the win, Berry improves to 8-6 overall, as well as 1-2 in the Southern Athletic Association.
- Hendrix falls to 3-9 and 2-1.
- Dylan Beasley earned the win on the mound for Berry, allowing eight hits and four earned runs in the outing, while striking out one batter and walking four Warriors.
- In the win, Berry added five doubles to Hendrix’s one
Berry will travel to Maryville (Tenn.) on Wednesday, March 8 to take on the Scots in their next game. First pitch is set for 3:00pm.