By Genesis Leggett, Sports Information Assistant
ATLANTA – The Berry College baseball team fell 3-4 to the No. 4 Emory Eagles Thursday afternoon in the bottom of the ninth inning after a walk-off home run by Eric Terry.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Vikings opened up scoring in the top of the first inning, off of an RBI sngle from Alfred Francis to score Devin Skelton.
- The Eagles responded, adding one run off of an RBI hit from Bubby Terp, to score Wilson Morgan and even the game at 1-1.
- Berry took the lead after scoring two runs in the top of the seventh inning. Followed by one score from the Eagles, the Vikings led 3-2 at the end of the inning.
- For the Eagles, Terry ended the game with a walk off two-run homer for the Eagles.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Slade Dale: 2-for-4, 2 RBIs, R
- Devin Skelton: 2-for-3, 2 R
- Alfred Francis: 1-for-4, RBI
- Dylan Beasley: 5.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
EMORY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Eric Terry: 1-for-1, 2 RBIs, R, HR
- Thomas Baumgartner: 1-for-3, R
- Wilson Morgan: 1-for-3, R
- Philip Maldari: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Three pitchers saw the mound for the Vikings, with Dylan Beasley earning the start (5.1 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 SO) and William Gibbons taking the loss (1.2 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 1 HR).
- For Emory, three pitchers threw in the contest with Kyle Monk earning the win (2.2 IP, 2 H, ER, BB, SO)
- The Eagles improve to 4-0 on the year.
- Berry falls to 2-3.
The Vikings will host Emory & Henry College for two games on Saturday, Feb. 18 at 12:00pm and 3:00pm.